Bücherwiesel
Bücherwiesel asked:

I loved this book, but does everybody have as many questions about it as I have? To answer all of them the author could write at least 3 more books. Here are just a few: Who is Joe's father? Why was their Dad at first at the scene of the accident? Did he cause the accident? Which part does George play in the whole story? What is his story?

To answer questions about Past the Shallows, please sign up.
Gemma Nugent I think George is Uncle Nick
Marcus Lee Earlier within the novel It talked ealier about the mother having heart problems so it's alluded to that they crashed and then the father proceeded to take uncle nick from the crime scene, once he discovered it and placed him in the ocean for nobody to find out that his wife was unfaithful. He didn't want to be embarrasement of having a cheating wife. Also yes I concluded that Harry was the illegitimate son of Uncle Nick and the mother as then its shown that the Dad shows the most animosity towards him as well as treating him like he's not one of his own. Hope that helps.
Eva Pool I think the father caused the accident because he didn't want his wife to leave. He must have taken the body out of the car and pretended it was an accident at sea. He said something about it on the boat at the very end (something along the lines that they were already dead when he got to the scene of the accident). But I think that Miles mentioned somewhere that his father came to the accident but never helped either of the injured, which makes me believe that he not only caused the accident but made a conscious decision to let them die.
I think George is just a person who is as lonely as Harry and they find a bond & comfort between them. It also portrays the suspicion and gossip going around in a small country village.
Sue
Image for Past the Shallows