chew sapien
chew sapien asked:

Do you think Darrow is self-centered? The way he describes himself....or this is needed because he is the narrator?

To answer questions about Red Rising, please sign up.
Kayleigh I was going to ask something similar myself because after reading the first three chapters I'm finding it hard to like this character, his Ego seems to be enormous
Dolly Anderson I wouldn't say Darrow is self centered. It is because this is his story, told in his voice, his perspective.
Arielle Good question: Pierce Brown said that he wrote "Red Rising" shortly after reading "Antigone." Therefore, you have to look at the character of Antigone. Was she self-centered in her actions? It's pretty much the same for Darrow. He just does what he has to in order to survive. It's a convoluted answer.
Jennifer I think one of the reasons he was chosen by Dancer is his self-confidence and lack of self-doubt. It is what makes it possible for him to survive and be successful in his mission. However, I wouldn't classify him as narcissistic, because of his ability to empathize with and sacrifice for others.
Image for Red Rising
by Pierce Brown (Goodreads Author)