Suzanne Rose
Suzanne Rose asked:

Is this book worth reading? I'm not sure about reading it.

Avy Tran Sanderson's world is always fascinating. I would read it for the story, but this is by far the worst book/series by this author.
I found the chapter intros/monologues downright excruciating. If those do not bother you, I say go ahead.

If you haven't ready any of his other books yet, I would give any of them a try before this series.
Charlie I know this was seven years ago, but I have read it multiple times an I have enjoyed it a lot. It is not as good as some of his other books, but I still love this one.
Jingizu It is worth reading yes. A fun and funny romp, fast paced with likeable characters. It has a bit of a Harry Potter feel, but that is only because its a kids' story about a boy who discovers he is actually part of a hidden magical world.

I must however agree with Avy Tran's comment, I did not like the monologues. By the middle of the book I was skimming those, and by the end of the book I was skipping it.

I also feel that this is Sanderson's weakest series, although that might be because I am a grown-up and the series is very juvenile. Though I still enjoy children's stories, perhaps it is that I have read a lot better from Sanderson.
El Puppito This book is TOTALLY worth reading! it's amazing!
Ryan If you read the book you would know that's the point he explains all of it.
Aaron Toponce Yes. Definitely. See my other response here answering the same question: https://www.goodreads.com/questions/2...
Tamara Nelson-Fromm Totally. Even if you don't love it it's really short and funny anyways.
Image for Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians
by Brandon Sanderson (Goodreads Author)