Nayely
Nayely asked:

whats the lexile level of this book?

To answer questions about Whatever Life Throws at You, please sign up.
Sara Moore Not sure about rating this book for a lexile (or reading ability) level, but from a content perspective, it was definitely not appropriate for my middle school teenager. She is an avid reader, found this book in our library's teen section and really enjoyed the story, but came to me with concern about the very detailed sexual encounter she read. After reviewing the content myself, it was very clear to me that it was meant for an older teen or adult, and opened a bigger conversation between my daughter and I.

The teen and young adult genres seem to be interchangeable now, and unfortunately that means that we are now exposing younger readers to content that is not really appropriate for their age. I almost feel that we should be giving books an age rating, or at least a sexual content warning, if it is going to be marketed to teens and young adults.
Image for Whatever Life Throws at You
by Julie Cross (Goodreads Author)