Ann
Ann asked:

Am I the only experience reader of "literature" who just does not like Dickens?

To answer questions about A Tale of Two Cities, please sign up.
Bob Marshall A Tale of Two Cities is worth reading but this is about the only Dickens I have finished. Dickens is interesting for the social commentary and the large numbe rof memorable one-liners but his style is odd and many of his characters are not believable.
I doubt I will read any more by him.
Helen Dear Friend, it doesn´t matter if you are or you are not the only one: you have every right not to like Dickens. Literature is art and art is most of all a matter of taste. I don´t like modernist works, I don´t like James Joyce´s works for example, or Ezra Pound and Virginia Woolf´s novels at all. They bore me. Should I feel bad? No. It is totally up to you. You don´t underestimate the author. He just doesn´t appeal to your heart or intellect. Personally, I adore him.
Image for A Tale of Two Cities