Tina Tamman
Tina Tamman asked:

Why take a well-known novel to turn it into something else? Is it not taking advantage of the famous original?

To answer questions about Pride & Prejudice, please sign up.
Bibliothecat There are countless adaptions of novels - especially classics. Why would this one in specific be "taking advantage"?
People enjoy seeing a story through different mediums and some simply enjoy to read a comic where story and artwork is combined. As long as credit is given to the original author I see no issue with that.
And if there is an issue with that one could point at every film adaption out there - that being said - most films are based on books.
Mae I think it just adds to the amazingness of the original. As I said in a different comment I love Pride and Prejudice. The characters, the story, etc. And when I like something that much I like to see any other versions and add-ons that I can. You don't? If you gave this book a shot I bet you would like it as much as I do! They stick to the story, and the art is plan wonderful! Give it a shot, please. You won't regret it. :)
Tess I shall assume that following this logic you don't watch film adaptations or listen to radio adaptations either, as these would also be taking advantage.
Lauren Looking at this as an educator, this makes the novel both appealing and accessible to a younger audience, which is always a good thing. It's the perfect combination: written text (to encourage literacy) and illustration (to provide context and visually explain some of the passages that would be too archaic to make sense to a younger audience that doesn't have experience with the language.)
Refreshing something out of love and creating a new adaptation is always good news: it adds to the conversation, it doesn't replace the original.
Image for Pride & Prejudice
by Stacy King (Goodreads Author)