Mari
Mari asked:

I am looking for a book for my niece. This may surprise some, but Twilight is one of the few books that my sister and I have found, that we would encourage my nieces to read. I picked up Howl's Moving Castle and put it down as soon as I got an earful of how rude Sophie was to the customers in the hat shop. Any suggestions for heroines that are polite, don't get angry( or if they do, they keep it to themselves)?

To answer questions about Twilight, please sign up.
A I would not get this book for your niece. Bella is a selfish and hateful teenager. She is not a heroine. I don't have any suggestions for heroines that fit your criteria. I take issue with your criteria that heroines not get angry or keep anger to themselves. Anger is a natural emotion that happens to real people. We need to teach young women to express it in a healthy way, not suppress it.
Image for Twilight