Elaine Donadio

How have you addressed environmental concerns?

To answer questions about The Ocean's Way, please sign up.
Elaine Donadio I address environmental concerns in my books and study guides found on my website/blog. Specifically, I publish weekly study guides for each of my five books: The Science Project, The Ocean's Way, Who Do Voodoo, The Ocean's Way Poetry Companion, Sojourn Into The Night—A Memoir of the Peruvian Rainforest. My books contain many science facts mostly geared to middle grade readers, but Sojourn is also appropriate for the 12-adult range. My study guides contain open-ended questions which require research beyond the facts presented in my books. There is a heavy concentration of questions involving environmental concerns such as the importance of wetlands, and the effects of fracking causing water and noise pollution and damage to the earth's core, maintaining the balance of nature and the inter-connectedness of humans, plants, and animals.

I cover a myriad of topics and facts and present a number of pertinent questions with tie-ins with science, social studies and literacy curricula. I present a fun way to learn as readers experience the world through the eyes of my characters. My readers will laugh as they think and learn.

Please visit elainedonadio.com for more information and for my study guide schedule.

Read often. Read well.

Thank you.
Image for The Ocean's Way
by Elaine Donadio (Goodreads Author)