Anthony O'Brian

Why didn't you hire a professional editor?

To answer questions about The Two Schillings, please sign up.
Anthony O'Brian Simple. Money. If I would have been able to hire an editor, professional or otherwise, I wouldn't be an indie author. :-)

Editing can range anywhere from $.015 per word ($2,790) to $11 per page ($7,150)! Wait!....I have some change here in my kid's piggy bank.

Indie authors do get a bad rap for these types of issues, some thoroughly deserve it, but many may have a different style of writing that would not pass a conventional edit should they be able to afford it.

Various teachers, from various schools, with various Grammatical philosophies can have an unique impact on a person's writing style. I should know, I attended school in four different and completely unique settings. Further, I returned to school as a teacher and eventually became principal. I saw it all the time; new enrollments would have to acclimate to our mathematics and English curriculum. No method or curriculum is 100% correct...

While I am certain errors exist in the book there are certainly not (thousands?). I believe it may be a stretch to say there are 'hundreds', but I suppose that is up to the reader's power of deductive reasoning. Comma usage is not 'set in stone' across all forms of teaching. Furthermore, if there were hundreds, possibly thousands, wouldn't a word processor program have at least detected many of them? There is no rule that commas can't set off independent clauses from dependent ones or other independent clauses. Nor is there a rule that they must. Commas can be used to emphasize a portion of the sentence or to set up an 'afterthought in the midst of speech', etc.

Yet, each to his own. I admit that my book is not perfect or even close to it. Thank you for even being interested in it!!
Image for The Two Schillings
by Anthony O'Brian (Goodreads Author)