Vaibhav Shukla
Vaibhav Shukla asked Ankush Saikia:

Hi Ankush this is Vaibhav, I've recently heard about your books I've been reading books since junior high Now a days I am trying to write something its a political thriller actually, but honestly am just an undergrad student, I know nothing about writing a book or even story but I just wanted to write I am expecting if you can give me some suggestions would you help me please?

Ankush Saikia Hi Vaibhav, thanks for writing in. If you want to write a book, I expect you must have started writing in some form or the other. Keep writing, preferably every day, and try and write a couple of short stories. Then try and come up with an outline for a novel, the more detailed the better, and work on that. Read as much as you can, especially thrillers and crime novels to see how they do it. Above all try and understand Indian society--travel, talk to people, read non-fiction. Knowing the society you live in well is the starting point of writing good fiction. Hope this helps!