reyhaneh
reyhaneh asked:

I've watched the TV series... the story isn't the same, right?

To answer questions about A Study in Scarlet, please sign up.
Mike I agree with Nathan's comments. I read A Study in Scarlet after watching Sherlock's "A Study in Pink". Different story with some common elements. I especially appreciated the way both handle the "Rache" clue. Worth checking both (BBC series and this book) out.
Nathan Not exactly. I take it that you mean BBC's Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. Sherlock is very modern (cell phones, modern medicine, laboratories, e-mail, etc.) but it does include many of the same key cases and plot points of the original stories. I watched the TV program first, but after having read (listened to) some of Conan Doyle's works, I am very impressed at how well they have adapted the stories to the modern world. There are a few of the stories that haven't been adapted to the show and I hope they continue for a while to do so. This in no way detracts from the original stories and they are very impressive and interesting in their own right.
Saul the Heir of Isauldur Some of the cases take heavy inspiration from the novels and stories, but there are certainly lots of callbacks to the original works (such as the play in the title of the first episode). Though in basis different, I still think BBC did a great job modernizing and adapting many of the stories.
KurdishBookworm Not (totally) same because the TV series is in modern-day
Image for A Study in Scarlet