Alyssa Lee
Alyssa Lee asked:

Is this one of those cliche YA love stories, or is it actually a good book?

To answer questions about The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B, please sign up.
Brittany Huckaby This book is actually amazing. I love YA lit but this book spoke to me deeply. It strikes up amazing thoughts and deals with problems such as mental illness, divorce, and teen love. I think it's definitely worth a read.
Theresa Yes and no. Yes, there is a typical teenage love story in the plot. And no, because there is much more to the book than that. It's about learning who your friends are, knowing when to keep secrets and when to tell, knowing who to trust (including when to trust yourself), overcoming obstacles, and dreaming big. If you have,or know someone who has, some type of OCD disorder you will really be able to relate to the characters. If you remember the angst of your first teenage love, you will appreciate how well the author describes the physical and emotional aspects of discovering love for the first time and of loving someone when you don't know if they love you back.
Image for The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B
by Teresa Toten (Goodreads Author)