Kristen Beverly

I am a bit confused about the timing in this novel. At the beginning, it says Lulu is in her 9th decade in 2005. In 1983, it says that Charlie is 3 years old, which means he was born in 1980. In 1995 Charlie and Lulu have relations. She's 80 and he's 15 and they're having sex????? Please someone tell me I'm reading this wrong.

To answer questions about The Rocks, please sign up.
Mae I didn't care much for Lulu at all. She was completely screwed up and yes, raped a young Charlie. However, Aegina & Luc talk about this towards the end.
Ashley Batton These characters are all too human, which makes some of them loveable and others incredibly easy to be disgusted with. Though, for me, that is what made it such a good read.
Sandy I don't feel so bad now after reading everyone else reviews. I found it hard to follow, and after the part about Lulu and Charlie, a little disgusted. I am quitting halfway through.
Image for The Rocks