Mark Filiatreau

Sounds like an interesting book. And I noticed in the comments on Amazon there is a lot of interesting criticism too. Is it true Offit is selective in his summaries of the research on these many topics?

Abi Tottman Read Ben Goldacre´s book Bad Science he explains who clinical trials work and how to understand them in very easily written way which is also rather funny.
Shane Phillips You say that like its a bad thing. The studies and research are not all equal. Some are better controlled studies for confirmation bias, placebo impacts. Therefore, he will exclude those that are less stringent on their controls or are clearly done/paid for the "snake oil" advocates.
Alex Shrugged Like any other book, you must trust the character of the author. An alarm bell went off when the author described a study that contradicted the claim that vitamin C cures cancer. While I am willing to believe the study, the study was NOT described as a "double-blind" study. Perhaps it was a double-blind study, but the author neglected to say so I must trust that it was. (A double-blind study eliminates unintentional bias.)
Image for Do You Believe in Magic?