Arionna
Arionna asked:

How old should you be to read this book?

To answer questions about Echo, please sign up.
Lyn Maybe 12-13 years old. I was already interested with these themes
Edmund Davis-Quinn It would depend on the person. I woukd say 15-16 ish
Mary Kathleen (Disclaimer: In my family, there was never a lot of censorship over the media my brothers and I consumed, so I may not have the most realistic perspective on what's age-appropriate.)

It's been years since I read this book, but as I recall, it had a lot of references to sex, masturbation, etc. I was young when I read it (between eleven and thirteen or fourteen) but it didn't have any adverse effect on me.

Anyway, people who clutch their pearls over books that act scandalized over art that deals with sex and drugs have always bewildered me, because I find that the more you treat something like it's taboo--never to be spoken of--the more alluring kids and teens will find it.

But that's just been my own personal experience. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Image for Echo
by Francesca Lia Block (Goodreads Author)