Susanne Gervay

This is a must-have book for authors who want to be a writer as a profession. Writing is more than the craft and the story. For it to be read by others, it needs to be marketed and you need skills. Otherwise you have to write for family and friends?

Bronwen Yes, I have been writing in one form or another for most of my life, so turning one's attention to writing professionally is a real shift in gears. Looking at my own memoir writing in particular, I realise that the form it takes may really need to change in order to interest readers. That is where this book has really got me thinking about why I write: Who are my readers? Do I feel like I have anything worth saying? Can I give up the ego of 'writing what I like to read' in order to 'write what needs to be read'?

It reminds me of that great scene in the iconic Australian movie, The Castle, where dad says to mum, "Whaddya call this luv", and she says "ice-cream", and he replies, "yeah, but it's the way you do it". A story can be a great one, but you still need to 'tell it right' to be considered an author.
Image for Authorpreneurship The Business of Creativity
by Hazel Edwards (Goodreads Author)