Sunny
Sunny asked:

I am interested in watching the HBO seasons now that I've finished reading the first book, but I still want to read the other books in this series. Recommendations? Should I watch each season after reading the corresponding book, OR should I read all of the books before starting on watching the DVDs?

To answer questions about A Clash of Kings, please sign up.
Serena They aren't really related, think of any other adaptation of movie/TV from a book or series, there are going to be differences either way. Catch up on what your more interested in, do both, you can always watch or read again.
N.B. Locke [I know this is very late - but for anyone else who has the same question-] I don't know if this will help you, because everyone is different, but I am reading each book before I watch each season, and I slow down on the show as I find I'm getting close to the major plots I read in the books. That way, I avoid most of the spoilers and I get a lot more backstory on the "how" and "why" the characters are acting certain ways in the show. Obviously, as with any show or movie, HBO changed a bunch, and they don't explain a lot of important minor details in the show that are really handy knowing first in the books, as well as preparing you for more dramatic scenes.
Image for A Clash of Kings