Kay
Kay asked:

Hello, anyone out there want to discuss this book online? I am in the middle of Book 3 - English language version and really like it. I have many questions - why is it so absorbing? The writing style is often flat, like a list of activities, yet fascinating - why is this? Are we voyeurs? Is it about warding of death with a host of detail? It seems very rich and worth discussing.

To answer questions about Min kamp 1, please sign up.
Dramatika I've just started this book, find it very enjoyable reading. Despite the casual simplicity of the book, the writing is brilliant. It is so great because we can relate to the character's mundane problems, everyday activities that the author somehow gives meaning to; that is so great about his writing. Also the (sometimes brutal) honesty by Karl on such heavy subjects as family and angst of child rearing. Many people are ambivalent on family and work constraints, but not many people can voice these opinions or even admit mixed feeling to themselves.
Image for Min kamp 1