Eilidh
Eilidh asked:

What age level does this book sound appropriate for?

To answer questions about The Clay Lion, please sign up.
Rosie There is nothing in this book inappropriate for younger readers, so really anyone can read the book - but when I read it, even though I thoroughly enjoyed it I did not recommend it to my friends as I did not believe they would appreciate it as much as they could if they were older and more mature, as when I read it I was a mature 11 year old. Now I am 13, I would pass it onto my friends, but no-one younger that I didn't know would understand it as it is such a emotionally deep novel.
I hope my personal experiences have helped you!
Amalie Jahn The book is lexiled at about 1150 but is content appropriate for children as young as 8-10, depending on how comfortable the child is with the concept of death. The target demographic is 12-20 year-olds, but the coming of age themes related to love and loss have made it a favorite of young and old(er) alike! Hope this helps and thanks for your inquiry!
Image for The Clay Lion
by Amalie Jahn (Goodreads Author)