Kay Baker
Kay Baker asked:

What was the point in this book? When I got to the end it just stopped like in mid sentence. Left me hanging. Wasted time.

To answer questions about A Spool of Blue Thread, please sign up.
Martha Chambers I am almost done and I'm sorry to say, this is one of my least favorite Tyler books. :o( I know there doesn't have to be a WHY given for why every character is the way they are, but this whole plot seemed too simplistic. We are just meant to accept each character's quirks as is, without much background.
Patricia I felt the whole book left you hanging? Every relationship was confusing. Just don't understand.
Carol A very rambling book. I usually try to finish all the books I read, hence the long list of unfinished books!
I am not a particularly fast reader,but this book is different. Maybe I am just trying to get it over with!
Sherry I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt this way! It's the first book of hers that I've read and I don't care to read another.
Gail Gee, I'm glad you asked that question. I was wondering the same thing.
Brent Forkner I was wondering if she was going anywhere. I am sort of in the middle, about 5 hours left on the audio book, and I've been struck by how rambling it is, never focusing for long on any one of the multitude of multigenerational characters. I'm enjoying a good ramble, but still.
Della Scott I think the point is indicated on the jacket--different family members have different spins or versions of the same stories.
Image for A Spool of Blue Thread
by Anne Tyler (Goodreads Author)