Karen
Karen asked:

I'm considering getting this series for my daughter who reads at a high level but is young. Tell me thoughts on the following: Are there sex scenes? Much more than kissing? Is there a lot of swearing? Is it very violent? I let her read Hunger games...she was a little bit disturbed by the violence mostly because it was kids that were being violent.

To answer questions about Obsidian, please sign up.
T.W. Time There's topless make-out scene, but that's as far as the book goes. There is some swearing, but mostly because I do not think the writer knows that many alternative expletives. The vocabulary in it is very limited. It is not more violent than The Hunger Games and the violence can at most be characterized as surreal. It is easy to read past.
I would not recommend a young person read this, though. Not because of anything you stated, but because it depicts a fledgling unhealthy, abusive relationship. It would suck if a young person got the notion this was acceptable behavior for a significant other.
Image for Obsidian
by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Goodreads Author)