Jacinta
Jacinta asked:

A lightweight version of 'Alone in Berlin' but not even 10% as good. I struggled to get through it to find out what happened at the end. Then BOOM it was over. It's as if the author want to finish it very quick. Did she run out of time or did she spend too many pages writing about the snow. I was always told in school that a story had to have start and middle and an end.. this end was rushed. Anyone agree?

To answer questions about The Undertaking, please sign up.
Linne Matthews I thought the ending was purposely a bit quick and flat because that was how the lives of the characters turned out - i.e a huge disappointment after all the suffering and turmoil they had been through.
Susan I listened to the book and "enjoyed" the story. I agree about the BOOM ending. It was especially abrupt from the audible version because I was not aware I was at the end of the book.

Very interested in reading 'Alone in Berlin'. Thanks for tip.
Image for The Undertaking