Keri
Keri asked:

Is this a YA book or an NA book or an adult book?

To answer questions about Written in Red, please sign up.
Heather It's confused, honestly. There's are aspects that feel elementary school like city names and dumb name days (ie Sparkletown, Watersday), talking animals, and a villain with a unbelievable ridiculous motivation. However, with all the cutting and talk of eating humans, it's adult.
Emma Dixon She is 24 in the second book from my knowledge
Emily Neither... I think shes in her twenty's if I remember right... Soooooooooo good though! I love it! I was so like this is going to be crap and it sat by my couch till it was close to being due back n then I was like wth.. why not... OMG! You MUST REEEEAAAD it Keri! LOL
Maria Bishop tends to lean more adult, although I guess you could mark this one YA. If you continued the series though, I'd say overall it's Adult, definitely.
Elide I believe that this book could be YA or adult. I am 13, but I still enjoyed this book greatly, best book out of all I have read this year. The book is also enjoyed by adult readers. I guess it depends on what type of pace and reading style you enjoy.
Stephanie I think it depends on how you define the terms. The protagonist is a young adult, so either YA or NA would be appropriate. There is violence, though not exceptionally graphic, so Adult would also be appropriate. There is hinted at sexual activity but nothing sexually graphic. I'd tend to consider this an NA or Adult book, but YMMV. If I were going to give it a movie-rating, I'd place it firmly between PG-13, and NC-17. (FWIW, The Ashfall Trilogy is frequently considered YA and it's terribly, graphically violent and I would personally consider it an Adult series.)
Layla Darnell I am 37 and I thoroughly enjoyed all the books in the series. Definitely not YA but could possibly be classified as NA.
Julie It is definitely NOT a YA book, and I wonder why people would consider it such. As to Heather's comment about about the naming, it helps me with the "could be our contemporary world but isn't" this series has.
Image for Written in Red