Kim
Kim asked:

They are cut off from the family money, yet they are able to travel and live in another country. How do they manage to substation themselves as they chase a dream?

To answer questions about At the Water's Edge, please sign up.
Dot Friend Hank was supporting them.
RACHEL Supposedly Ellis still had money left from his previous "allowances" before he was cut off from his family money. Maddie also mentions numerous times that Hank has his own money, & that he is very likely now footing the bills for all three of them.
Terry I know it was MUCH cheaper and MUCh easier to do back then. But you are right, what DID finance them? I've not read the book but I think you've got a point there, merely from reading the pre-sale flap about the novel. HOW? If I cannot suspend belief well enough to 'get into' the story itself, then it's not a winner for me. Now, I might still read it from cover to cover ... lol ... but only to glean information. I've only dumped about six books before completion in my entire life! Too curious?
Image for At the Water's Edge
by Sara Gruen (Goodreads Author)