Nelithma Wasage

Where do you think the book takes place?

To answer questions about The Rule of Three, please sign up.
Susie Pozzobon The author clearly is using actual names and places in Mississauga (I even found the neighbourhood on the map) but the referrence to "the stars and stripes" indicates it is meant to represent some unknown US town. That actually bothered me. What is wrong with it being in Canada? They could have have taken down "the maple leaf" from the police station. Surely people would still read it.
Skier99 I think that the book takes place in Mississauga, Ontario: specifically in the Erin Mills area, near Erin Mills Parkway and Burnhamthorpe Road ("Burnham Road" in the novel).
One of the reasons why I believe this is where the book takes place is because the author, Eric Walters, lives (and taught) in Mississauga; in addition to the fact that the book refers to Folkway Drive, which intersects with Erin Mills Parkway.
Rufus Aston One-77 It takes place in the suburbs of South Toronto
Dangesh if you had a copy of "The Rule Of Thre3", then you would know that the book takes place in Toronto. There's an interview with Eric Walters in the last 10 pages. The island with the small airport? That's the Toronto Island. In the book it even mentions Dupont street. That's in Canada.
Zoe It does take place geographically in Mississauga, Ontario (just west of Toronto). Eric Walters has of course added his own details but it is essentially the area surrounding the University of Toronto's Mississauga campus. I attend the school and live in the area and it was amazing to feel as if the story was happening in my own backyard.
Cam I think based on 3 and the things about the 13 colonies and the constitution for the us I think maybe U.S some where good be Canada to but the 13 colonies are American. I am Canadian myself and would love it to be Canada but I don't know
Image for The Rule of Three