Chloe
Chloe asked:

What is the age range on this book?

To answer questions about The Secret Life of Bees, please sign up.
JenJen:) It all kind of depends. Maybe 10-11 to start with (?). However, there is language (like the n-word, sh*t, etc.) and be prepared to see some racist moments.
Anna The other two people were pretty right about the age group but...I read it when I was ten and I understood everything in it.
Alissa I would definitely say that this book is meant for high schoolers mainly because of the segregation parts and the way the book is written
Melissa I would say fourteen and over. If you are mature, 13. However, I believe that there are a lot of historical events that you should learn first before reading the book, hence the age since I know that the American 50's and 60's are not covered until Junior year of high school (in America).
Image for The Secret Life of Bees
by Sue Monk Kidd (Goodreads Author)