Michael Morrison

Generally, how long before this book gets interesting? I'm approximately 40 pages in (I'm listening to it). I'm hoping to like this book, but it's slow going so far.

To answer questions about The Red Knight, please sign up.
Julie Moran Your listening? I did the same. Warning on that, the narrator of the first 2 books is not the same in the final 3 books. In fact, that new narrator in book 3 nearly made me stop. He is awful. So if you consider buying the audible for book 3-5, be warned. He pronounces a lot of names very differently and the voices he affects for the characters are grating.
Sud666 This is certianly a book that gets better with time and I am begining to realize just how epic the scope of the entire story is (multiple massive volumes). Also the author tackles some difficult concepts- in the use of "Archaic", the technical details about fighting and weapons and armor. I enjoyed it- but it might help to include a map and a dramatis personae so people can keep track of who is who
John I got about that far in, was annoyed by the jumping around between perspectives and felt like the story was just going to be another derivative sword & sorcery disappointment. I actually went as far as putting it in the stack of books to take to the used book store.

Fortunately, I picked it back up before doing so and gave it another chance. It gets a lot better and becomes very good. My initial judgment was wrong and I really enjoyed the book once the various threads started tying together.

Knowing how the author jumps from thread to thread, I pushed through that section of the second book, as well, and really enjoyed the second one.

I'm looking forward to the third in October.
Mark Mitchell Hmm, It does have a slow start if I remember correctly. I believe it picks up when the company reaches the town.(I'm being vague for spoilers sake.)

But I don't recall how quickly. I usually read at least 100 pages before I give up on a book being one I simply don't like.
Image for The Red Knight
by Miles Cameron (Goodreads Author)