Rachel-Cassia
Rachel-Cassia asked:

Anyone else listen to it on audiobook?

To answer questions about The Dovekeepers, please sign up.
Linda Sands I listened to the entire book on audio- car listening and treadmill listening the best. Life Hack: change the pace of the reading to +1.75. You will cut HOURS off the time and it makes yo really pay attention. I loved that i knew the correct pronunciation of the names at book club.
Tina Yes, just finished. I liked it but I liked The marriage of Opposites much better.
Ale It is very interesting and at times captivating but it was a very tough listen for me. And I do listen to quite a bit if books.
Sarah Fay I listened and read intermittently. Inevitably, I would have to go back and read the parts I had listened too because it was tough to hang in and absorb everything. I haven't done audio books much and maybe I am just getting used to it. Agree with one of the other comments that the audio helped with pronunciations, etc. I like the Audiobooks feature that lets you pick up from where you were reading, and I will try it again.
Amy I just finished listening to this. I wish I had seen Linda Sand's post saying to change the reading pace. I found it very difficult to stick with and not just because it was slow. I dislike when a narrator's voice is 'high drama' throughout, even when it's not called for. One of the first narrators had that style and it grated my nerves.
Madam Pince Listening right now...bored out of my skull!
Mdsimms I'm also listening to it. I'm about 4 hours into it...and although I want to keep reading in hopes that I will eventually begin to enjoy it, I certainly can't claim that I find it captivating. I'm not a big AH fan anyway, but I promised my daughter I would stick with it, and so I shall. I hope that once I've finished it, I will write a rave review :)
Savvy listening right now....captivating!
Image for The Dovekeepers
by Alice Hoffman (Goodreads Author)