Claudia
Claudia asked:

I would like to know what readers think about the last two paragraphs of the book. Is it Hannah talking for her father? If it is her father that it should read that the mother and sisters were ecstatic. My book says sister, which leads me to believe it is Hannah speaking until the last line that states that they will be good men.

To answer questions about My Sunshine Away, please sign up.
Venetia Butterfield
Marsha Yes; that is the most wonderful ending for a book, just the father's happiness to be a father again, this time a son, how he wants to get off on the right foot with his son, especially poignant as he did not have that relationship with his own father. Yet he is cautious, not confident that he
can be the perfect father altho the reader knows, from how wonderful a son he was to his mother, that he will be a wonderful father. Beautiful ending, brought tears to my eyes.
Audrey Harrison I loved the ending. It is as if the purpose of the entire story is to make his son know the meaning of love and being a good man. Exquisitely written. The narrator's reflections often remind me of Toni Morrison's flashbacks and metaphors in Song of Solomon. Since the author is a creative writing professor, it would make sense.
Lori Petrie
Giorgio she is clearly talking to hi second son arriving. His wife is pregnant
GeneralTHC I understood it like Venetia did.
Image for My Sunshine Away