Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)

I am 18% through. The movie was amazing and the subject as a whole is of great interset to me. It's a bit heavy for me with too many characaters and locations.I am already confused but don't want to quit. From what I have read it can be a little bit of a slow start read. Is there a spot in the book where I could jump to where I may start to become interested? (Boy I sound like a lazy cheater lol) Thanks folks.

To answer questions about Schindler's List, please sign up.
Alex Brown The rising tension of the occupation and increasingly threatening edicts passed against the Jews is a large part of the personality of this book. I believe Keneally wrote it largely based on the records of the people involved, which means that the book focuses on maybe half a dozen people other than Oskar Schindler. If you can't keep track of everyone, you will probably miss some of the subtleties of the subplots, but not the main action. If you must skip ahead, I recommend starting at chapter 8. Hope that helps!
JanetOlson I found it a little difficult to read with all the names,also .You just have to plow through ;skim a little
Srinath Padmanabhan I still feel the sam after reading 25 Chapters. I don't seem to be getting a hang of it
Tariqah You have to keep reading to 'catch the flow' of the book. Oskar Schindler is the protagonist (he's mentioned by first and last). He's a rather clever, charming businessman with many connections so you will run into many of his friends. The different commander names (ex. Obersturmführer) comes from the different camps Schindler is associated with. He visits them from time to time and becomes acquainted with the prisoners which are mentioned by name as well (ex. Helen). Just keep reading and you'll get it.
Christine O'Dell I've read books on WW I and WW II and it is inherently more difficult because of the foreign names and locations. Stick with it and don't skip ahead, you'll be glad you didn't.
Image for Schindler's List