Donald
Donald asked:

Seriously? 4.29 stars for a book not even released. Makes a mockery of people who actually award stars on merit rather than psychic clairvoyance!

To answer questions about The Bourbon Kings, please sign up.
Ashley They're mostly from ARC (Advanced Reader Copies) that basically get sent to people to write reviews so they can have testimonial's on the cover etc.
Sarah ~Book Addict~ These way pre-release star ratings are one of the big reasons why I don't go by reviews as a credible source for how good a book might be. I don't think it should be allowed to rate a book you haven't actually read, much less one that hasn't even released yet, not even to advanced copy reviewers.
Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf Agreed... However, I have accidentally rated a book while marking it -want to read- using my phone and not notice until I returned to mark it -currently reading-

Just wish there was a function to block rating before release.
Lovetoread I agree 139 reviews and a 4.29 star rating......I will wait until actual readers who will pay for the book rate it. I actually look at discussions on this sight and on Amazon Romance to find what people really think of a book. I have been burnt in the past to many times with horrible unreadable books....
Cheryl When you have a proven "must read" author and everyone of her books so far are great, how could you not possibly want to read the next thing she writes. Stop putting people down...makes you sound like a hater!!
Annie It is most likely from an ARC
Mairy Some people get to read advance copies of books, prior to their release so they. If you want to have a more objective opinion on a book, you might want to read the reviews instead of only relying on the stars.
Helen There would be pre-publication copies of course, but not enough to establish a proper level. I suppose some people, fans of the author, might want to boost his/her standing. Of course none of Chris Fowler's followers would ever do such a thing. Even if we knew that it would have to be absolutely marvelous.
Image for The Bourbon Kings
by J.R. Ward (Goodreads Author)