Kelly Ann Meegan

Has anyone been able to get through this book? I have tried but to no avail I was not able to get into the book it didn't get the awe factor to keep me reading

To answer questions about Point Omega, please sign up.
B. R. Reed If you are a new DeLillo reader then I would suggest you try Libra or White Noise. Both of those books are more accessible. Don't give up on DeLillo as he is one of our top living writers. There is not much character development or plot in Point Omega. DeLillo is now 80 yrs old and his last couple books have been short novellas, this one and The Body Artist. I liked the concept of this book but it was not really developed. I have found that it helps to read DeLillo w/o distractions. Good luck.
R. H. I got through it, maybe because I am now a bit of a veteran DeLillo reader now. I think you have to suspend your usual expectations of logical character and plot developments and just experience the prose for it's own sake (as was said about Beckett's novel trilogy) - right down to the individual words he chooses and how he crafts his sentences and paragraphs.
Matthew Cosgrove I'll suggest that you just think of it as a kind of short story by Delillo, which touches on some of his familiar themes - namely the quests for truth and meaning in contemporary America.
Michael This is an old question, but somehow I have the feeling you're still trying to finish this book. Well its a hundred pages long. Just get through it. Two hours is doable, less depending on your usual pace. Three hours would be a languid, almost lazy pace, and this may be the problem. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but really, step lively my friend. It's hardly *War & Peace*. The awe factor you are looking for maybe come on page 83 for all you know, or it may never come at all. You can't know until you finish it.
Ted Burke This is a book that comes late in the author's career, and it is more minimalist improvisation on themes he's entirely more dramatic, comic and pungent with in earlier works. I rather like this book just fine, as I think of it as a great writer refining his topics and style to a fine and simple conveyance, using broader, bolder strokes to get his themes across. That , however, would something most appreciated by readers who've read earlier works. I would suggest Americana, Great Jones Street and White Noise to appreciate DeLillo's at full boil and full blossom.
Leeya Mehta I couldn't put it down. It's my first Delillo novel and I'm already a fan. It reminded me of Disgrace, but even quieter, and yet gripping.
Image for Point Omega