Adi Farhud
Adi Farhud asked:

I'm confused to which edition I should buy, at some instances when perusing through Amazon, they have the very same book but rather divided into Volume 1-6. Does this book above combine all of the said volumes into one single book ?

Kate Schmidt Yes, this does contain all of the volumes and is an excellent, very readable abridgment of this famously long and supposedly unreadable work. It's far from dull, trust me. Reading Decline and Fall is at times like reading George R.R. Martin, and in the age of the Google you marvel at how Gibbons's scholarship was even possible. ("Always scribble, scribble, scribble! Eh! Mr. Gibbon?")
Shyam Some good, unabridged editions, with Gibbons complete notes:
-6 Volume edition (edited by J. B. Bury) published by Everyman's Library
-3 volume edition (edited by J. B. Bury) published by The Heritage Press
-3 Volume edition (edited by David Womersley) published by Allen Lane/The Penguin Press
David Fisher The six originals are a massive good read - provided you are interested in what Gibbon has to say. If you want the history, read a modern history book - Gibbon is old and hard to read. If you want his commentary, read the original.
Su This is the abridged version. I seem to have different version of this edition. The original is much much longer (6 volumes) and more tedious to read.
all around atlantis I highly recommend the complete editions, they didn't have commerciality and "the market" as their goals and targets but depth and scholarship.
Image for The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire