Crizzle
Crizzle asked:

Something nagged at me- how exactly did they write back and forth for so long without bumping into each other while coming and going from the library? I guess maybe I was misled by how 'quick' their responses seem, but maybe for them a back and forth conversation took a few days? How did others imagine this interaction happening?

To answer questions about S., please sign up.
Kyla I always thought of it as Jen picking up the book and responding to all of Eric's notes as she read then him doing the same. It would probably take longer at first but as they both reread the book over and over again they could probably get through it faster and faster then put it back on the shelf
Scott Ivlow The answer to your question is in chaper one. Jan read the book in one sitting then they reread book a few times more hence the different ink marks for the 4 time periods.
Image for S.
S.