Is this anything like the two movies? Thanks:)

To answer questions about How to Train Your Dragon, please sign up.
Nix Buttons It's completely different. You can see that the basic ideas are taken from the books, but you can't really compare it. In the book the situation is a completely(!) different one and all the characters - human and dragon - differ. Nonetheless it's a great book series for children and those young at heart.
Ahliah DeWitt
Sadie Cahill No....................................... bu a bit of yes and it's cool
Emily Wilson The beginning monologue and it's ending to match were taken almost directly from the book, and there are a couple other moments that are true to the book as well, but aside from that they are not very similar. The second movie deviates entirely from the book series as far as I know.
Ana I'd say the books are a lot more detailed with a better plot... but I honestly could be wrong. The books, however, are a LOT different from the movie. The plot is different, and I think there are different characters too, but the books are probably as good(or better, just saying) as the movies are.
MYNG The general theme is the same, but a lot of the characters, details, etc. are totally different. I they they changed to movie so that it's more interesting for different age groups, while the book is aimed for children. Nonetheless, it's a great story either way.
Image for How to Train Your Dragon