Joseph Chinnock

Anyone read this?

To answer questions about The Chronology of Water, please sign up.
Misty Thomas This is an amazing book. It is a woman's journey through abuse, addiction, and grief. Through art, writing, and claiming her own autonomy she becomes a person who is capable of loving and giving again. She becomes a person who helps others find their way through grief and pain. She inspires people through writing, teaching, mothering. Unlike the comment above mine, I do not know one person that I CAN NOT recommend this too. Any one with a pulse, who has struggled in their lives can benefit from Lidia's memoir.
Ann A remarkable work. Not by traditional standards, but because of the rawness, the no-apologies honesty, the prose in short episodic chapters that often read more like poetry. It drew me in, and held me, sometimes in very uncomfortable places. But the overall result was to invite me into the "water" too. Not her path through the water, but my own. And to trust it.
Robin ok so there is NO ONE that I know that I can recommend this book to. wow, so not sure how I feel about that. There were moments in this book that I thought, Wow ...I'd like to talk with someone about this. Alas, read the reviews and you get the idea. There were pages that I read in this book and thought, what the hell....on the other hand I did not want to put the book down. I feel like I get some kind of Girl Scout badge for finishing this book.
Image for The Chronology of Water
by Lidia Yuknavitch (Goodreads Author)