Marek
Marek asked:

Seems to be targeted at kids. Is it also suitable for adults? Any alternatives for adult readers with lack of basic historical knowledge?

K.L. Lantz This author also has a series for adults, called The History of the World. Click on the author's name to see her full list of offerings.
Sophie&Rogers My 9-year boy, as well as my husband, are both interested in this book. My boy often reads far ahead of the practice book. We finished one chapter one day and managed to complete book 1 after the December holiday.
I think this book is quite suitable for primary kids who love history or adults who are lacking in world histories and I will recommend this to my friends.
Gavin Abdollahi My mom used this to homeschool me a few years back, and I plan on reading it again.
If I remember correctly, it was written specifically for children. The way Bauer writes is simple and understandable, obviously meant for young one's minds.
The info is short and kept on a need to know basis, by which I mean that descriptions are relatively short.
Though short, these information are pretty good.
So, yeah, I think that adults could read this, though it might not be enough.
Image for Ancient Times