Ilene
Ilene asked:

Is it for high school children or adults?????

To answer questions about Nightbird, please sign up.
Celia As a middle school librarian, I think this is a perfect fit for grades 6-8.
Kelly Spoer I just finished this. It's not for high school children. The main character is 12, so anywhere from ages 9-14. Granted, I'm a 33 year old woman and I was enchanted by this book.
Leslie Lindsay We're currently reading aloud to our two daughters, ages 8 and 10. They are mesmerized. The writing is fluid and lyrical, but *not* difficult. If you've read Hoffman's adult novels, THE PROBABLE FUTURE and BLACKBIRD HOUSE, you'll note similarities in story and theme.
Mallory I would say 4-6 grade interest level
Aleisa I'd say it's a children's "chapter book". It is suggested for middle grades which refers to about 4th through 7th or 8th graders.
Laurie It says middle grade readers, so that would be grades 7-9, but if I know Alice Hoffman it will appeal to older readers as well!
Connie I would say 5th and up. It is beautifully written fantasy.
Jo I thought it was adult when i bought it. boohoo
Lory Widmer Hess Middle grade is not middle school, it means grades 4-6 or so.
Maia Moore I'd say high school rather than adult.
Image for Nightbird
by Alice Hoffman (Goodreads Author)