KP
KP asked:

Is the entire book written entirely in narrative without any dialogue, or is it just my book??

To answer questions about How I Live Now, please sign up.
Toby Casey it's meant to be a direct first person narrative "recitation" of the events...its kinda the books "thing"
Stacy Byc Those speech marks are called, quotation marks. It appears to be all narrative, as if the character where talking directly to the reader and not writing a story. If the author has conversations between characters? Wont know without reading the complete book.
Eleanor Yep, there are no speech marks at all in mine either. I think that's just the style Rossof used.
Jana its just the narrators stream of consciousness, it pretty much like were in her head and everything she hears, sees, smells and thinks is given to us as if it the voice in her head. it takes a while to get used to and a lot of the time i had to reread sections to work out if it was something being said by a different character or something she was just thinking.
Mallory There is dialogue, just no quotation marks :)
Image for How I Live Now
by Meg Rosoff (Goodreads Author)