Kimberly
Kimberly asked:

Is this a "religious" book?

To answer questions about At Home in Mitford, please sign up.
Dinah Kretschmer There are just enough references without making it preachy. A good wholesome story with just enough characters to keep things moving. Charming.
Shifra Yes, the main character does a lot of saving souls by getting the characters to turn their lives over to Christ.
Cindy Young It is about gentle and faithful people who practice Christianity, Episcopalian-style.
James This question is 3 years old now, but I thought I'd chime in. I'm about a third of the way through the book, and while the main character is a pastor, the story is more about a church community but it is not necessarily a religious story. To note, you hear the characters talk about church a lot but you never see a sermon or really see much of a church service.
Diane At Home in Mitford is the first in a series centering around the main character, Father Tim, who is an Episcopalian pastor in the small, charming,mountain town of Mitford, NC. There are references to God & religion, but the focus is on his mishaps & adventures & the unique characters of the town. I've read most books in the series & found the plot & characters most enjoyable. I consider myself a religious person; it may not be for everyone.
Natalie This is possibly the most religious book I've ever read in my entire life.
Shelly No, it is delightful and not at all preachy. Life in a special NC town. The main character is Father Tim.
Image for At Home in Mitford