Stephanie
Stephanie asked:

This isn't about the book per se but just curious if these books are yet to be released, how are there reviews for them already? Are they released sooner in other countries or something?

Kriselda Gray Most publishers will make a limited number of copies of their books available to reviewers prior to the book's release so that there can be reviews available when the book comes out.
Laura Pasternack Pre-pub/ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) is usually how. I'm a librarian, and we have carts FULL of ARCs for us to peruse! We're just expected to submit a review to our colleagues if we take and read one... but you can also get them directly from the publisher sometimes, and/or on sites like NetGalley.

I know this is an old question, but figured I'd answer for anyone still wondering!
Di Hu It was officially released only two days ago. I went to the book launch talk in New York. Very interesting. I was also intrigued by one of the speakers and writers from the book, Laura Kipnis. Now I am checking on her books too.
Image for Selfish, Shallow, and Self-Absorbed