Ryan Magoteaux

I read this trilogy of books around 20 years ago and had read back then that these were based on what George Lucas wrote for episodes 7, 8, and 9. Had anyone else heard this or know if this might be true? From what I've read and heard so far, it might be true to some extent.

To answer questions about Heir to the Empire, please sign up.
James Sheaves Based on Zahn's introduction to the 20th Anniversary Edition, this doesn't seem to be the case. He says he developed the outline for his trilogy himself after being offered the contract to write for Star Wars by Bantam Books and Lucasfilm. Additionally, based on things I have heard about Lucas' outline for episodes 7, 8, and 9, it doesn't sound like Zahn's trilogy covers the same territory. Lucas' outline focused on Luke Skywalker training a new generation of young Jedi, whereas Zahn's trilogy focuses on Luke and the other heroes' continuing struggle against the remnants of the Empire.
Image for Heir to the Empire
by Timothy Zahn (Goodreads Author)