Icouldbesewing

On page 248, Linda deals with her frustration by peeling and preparing 50 lbs of potatoes and placing the uncooked potatoes in her freezer. If this was a movie that would be a "blooper" Ever seen a frozen raw potato?

To answer questions about The Bishop’s Wife, please sign up.
Laurie Carlson It is not a blooper. Check your facts, first.
This is the #1 way of freezing potatoes! Go here: http://www.wikihow.com/Freeze-Potatoes
and it explains how to do it - just like in the book.
Remember, NEVER 'assume'! We know what that gets us!
There are many ways of doing things. True chefs who have gone to school are AMAZING with what they know! This is one of them. They probably know how to cook them so they taste fresh out of the ground, too! Not that 'mealy' texture. Do several searches to find the best way!
T Look in the freezer department at the grocery ~ frozen hash browns and frozen french fries.
Joe Keefhaver I wouldn't peel 50 lb. of potatoes, no matter HOW upset I was!
Gretchen Yeah, I had the same thoughts. I'll freeze mashed potatoes, but those are the only ones I freeze. Anything else, even cooked, get really mealy in texture.
Image for The Bishop’s Wife