Marilyn Mesh
Marilyn Mesh asked:

I am not sure I could read this. sounds too violent??

To answer questions about A House in the Sky, please sign up.
MB The writers handle the violence tactfully and maturely, without being either inappropriate or gratuitous.
Tim That's is what I here the problem with the book is , she sugar coats it and left out the bad experience parts.
John I'll add a trigger warning to Diane's answer. If you have PTSD or have experienced trauma in your life, this book could very well trigger you. There is torture and violent sexual abuse and it's not easy to read. However, I did think it was a wonderful book and a riveting look inside a country and culture we rarely think about as Westerners.
Diane You should definitely read this book. It's not too violent, there are some situations of abuse, however, this book is wonderfully written and is definitely a page turner. I couldn't put it down.
Emilym465 It is violent. No doubt about it. And there's a torture scene at the end. Nightmarish. I'm so so glad I read the book and in fact I reread it. But be warned.
Sherri Preston It's a hard read, it's not graphic, but you know whats happening and you can't get it out of your head. It's one thing that would prevent me from re reading the book.
Image for A House in the Sky
by Amanda Lindhout (Goodreads Author)