Bobbie Hayes
Bobbie Hayes asked:

If this is part of a trilogy, does it stand alone or will I need to read the other two books to understand the plot?

To answer questions about Call of the Herald, please sign up.
Jessica Alter I just read CALL OF THE HERALD; the novel's plot stands alone even though it's not a stand-alone novel. It possesses an action-packed story arc which evolves the main character, Caitrin, right to the book's dramatic denouement.

While it does contain some story threads which clearly reach forward into the Godsland fantasy series's epic story line, CALL OF THE HERALD is a complete novel. It satisfied me as a reader while also making me want to pick up INHERITED DANGER (The Dawning of Power #2) as soon as possible to find out what happens next to Caitrin and her allies.

I hope this helps!
Image for Call of the Herald
by Brian Rathbone (Goodreads Author)