Angela
Angela asked:

So when I first researched this book it made it sound like it was a new adult contemporary series or Adult fantasy.I notice on a lot of sites it's listed as young adults, but does anybody know if that's because she previously wrote young adult books or If it really is YA?

To answer questions about A Court of Thorns and Roses, please sign up.
Macklin From what I've heard, it is a new adult novel. This means the target age is 18-25, slightly older than the average YA. As new adult is a relatively new classification, it will be sold in under YA in most stores.
Book_Lover_8 I've read plenty of YA and this isn't any better/worse content wise than other YA, so I'd classify it as YA. Even if it is supposed to be NA, there's no reason a teenager (probably 15+) couldn't enjoy this book.
Liz It's listed as YA, but I definitely consider it more adult fantasy, just because of the sexual content...
Lily I feel like this isn't very good but I'm almost 13 and I enjoyed this book? It really depends on the maturity level of the person. Some people can easily skim through the parts that they don't like as much.
Aura YA refers to the age of the characters and not to that of the readers. Feyre is 19 which I guess makes this book Adult High Fantasy. :) There are some mature scenes but I don't think they're totally inappropriate for younger readers.
Image for A Court of Thorns and Roses
by Sarah J. Maas (Goodreads Author)