katinameow
katinameow asked:

Can't wait to read this book!!! I LOVED "The Island" but wasn't as excited about "The Return" (probably because I am of Greek American, and so the story rang home with me). I just got a copy of "The Thread," but a studying so I haven't read it yet. How would you rate it: better than, on par with which of her other titles?

To answer questions about The Sunrise, please sign up.
Angela This is as good as the Island if not better. I read the Thread and thats quite evocative and I have read her short stories too. I am progressing through the others as I have bought the return and cartes postales but I have yet to read them.
Bint Laden It's absolutely dreadful. It reads as if it was written by a school child and one without any literary talent.

If you admire prose such as “When he was absent, it was as if the sun was behind a permanent cloud, or the birds had stopped singing on a spring morning” … and “it made her heart skip a beat”, with black moods descending on characters “like a pall” you might enjoy it. I thought it was dross.
Julie Parkhouse To be honest I did not rate nearly as highly as her first two books which are my favourite out of the four I have read. I did not seem to bond with the characters in this book.
Image for The Sunrise