Zahra
Zahra asked:

I have a text response about this book.my topic is: is Agnes a master of manipulation or is she a victim or circumstance? i choose a victim or circumstance but i need four arguments to support my contention please help.

To answer questions about Burial Rites, please sign up.
Elizabeth Question: Was Agnes Magnusdottir a victim or a manipulative killer?
I believe the real Agnes was indeed a victim of circumstances and the system of justice in the time in which she lived. The 4 arguments for this as follows:
Agnes showed vulnerability only towards the injustice never for herself.
Agnes sought understanding from someone who showed her kindness once upon a time not from a religious shame.
Agnes has a strong spirit is able to deal with the inhumanity of her circumstances- she weathers all storms including her condemned state to the end.
lastly, Agnes was the last person executed- shame on Iceland.
Ian Mcalister Why four arguments? (I've forgotten the names of the characters except Agnes.) I thought Agnes' good relationships with the wife, the priest and the daughter plus the co-dependency with the murdered bloke would be enough. That's four anyway. A Good Read indeed. Enjoy
Tayla
Image for Burial Rites
by Hannah Kent (Goodreads Author)