Eliza
Eliza asked:

I loved The Chosen. It is probably one of my favorite reads. Any suggestions for another great read?

To answer questions about The Chosen, please sign up.
Christine i had the same question, I am going to try The Promise by chaim potok which is a continuation of this story. this is one of my favorite books now.
Sherry Elmer My Name Is Asher Lev, also by Potok.
Cry, the Beloved Country, a novel by Alan Paton which also deals with relations between fathers and sons.
Dave Definitely read Potok's My Name is Asher Lev, followed by its sequel, The Gift of Asher Lev. They are also works of genius. I have read 3 or 4 other of Potok's books, and they are all quite enjoyable. I intend to read them all.
Sam Ogren absolutely cannot go wrong with MY NAME IS ASHER LEV
Kumari de Silva You might like "The Assistant" by Bernard Malamud or the short stories of Isaac Bashevis Singer
Kimberly If you are looking for novels that take place during WWII I would recommend "The Hiding Place" or "Night". If you are looking for something of a different genre then I would recommend Jane Eyre, Anne of Green Gables, Laddie, or Little Britches.
Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) The Yeshiva by Chaim Grade. You may find it in a library. I read it in university in the early 80s and it was wonderful. A bit long, but wonderful.
Image for The Chosen