Arp
Arp asked:

I really liked this (along with The Flanders Panel). Can someone recommend another historical mystery/thriller?

To answer questions about The Club Dumas, please sign up.
Caterina The Prague Cemetery and Foucoult's Pendulum, both by Umberto Eco are great and at the same line with the Reverte novels you mention. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Melanie Griffin I loved The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Gripping!
Robin Carroll Try Iain Pears. You might like his art history mysteries featuring Jonathan Argyll. I enjoyed "An Instance of the Fingerpost," "The Dream of Scipio," and "Stone's Fall."
Lisa Murphy The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Wilfred Berkhof Umberto Eco and Amin Maalouf write fantastic historical mysteries.
Frank Herrera La décima sinfonía. Not sure it there is an English version, though.
Octavio Bertín The Cathedral of the Sea, by Ildefonso Falcones. It's not a mystery novel, but it is an amazingly written historical thriller about the feudal Catalonia of the XIV century.
Fred Klein No! Don't listen to the recommendation of "The Historian", one of the longest and worst books ever!
Natalia try The Lady in Blue by the same author
JW also by Perez-Reverte, The Fencing Master. It helps if you know some 19th century Spanish history.
Pat Reverte's "The Seville Communion" was my first by him, and it is wonderful--talk about a surprise ending!!
Image for The Club Dumas